Gear up for Cloudhead Games newest content update packed with antique action in the 194X alternate history scene “Dark Skies”. Set in a dieselpunk dirigible, Dark Skies draws action inspiration from the classic airship scene in Ninja Gaiden, as well pulp comic lineage from Rocketeer to The First Avenger. The Dark Skies Update also includes 3 new wartime pistols as part of the “Antiques Collection” and a new metal finish for all weapons.
Dark Skies is Cloudhead Games first update to include polish and quality of life changes, with a focus on improved usability of UI and menus. Cloudhead Games has a big overhaul planned for later this year, and these changes are just the beginning.
Dark Skies is the penultimate entry to Cloudhead Games monthly Pistol Whip updates as they begin to move toward our long-term roadmap. Cloudhead Games has a big vision for Pistol Whip including new scenes, new modifiers, and new ways to play, always empowering your unique styles.
Cloudhead Games hopes you enjoy the Dark Skies scene and pistol collection in this highly thematic update. Let them know what you think in the forums, on their discord, or on twitter @PistolWhipVR!
Click here to add Pistol Whip to your arcade today!
Pistol Whip “Dark Skies” Update Changelog -
- Added “Dark Skies” Scene (3 difficulties)
- Added 3 new pistol models: Antique Collection
- Added 3 new weapon wraps
- Added 6 new weapon metals and 3 colors
- Added new metal shader to all weapons
- Added new enemy spawn/death VFX
- Added toggles for in-game UI elements (Threat Paths, Score Pops, Ammo Count)
- Improved usability of UI and menus
- Improved weapon behavior during tracking loss
- Tuned visualization when approaching obstacles
- Tuned visualization during no beat sections
- Fix for obstacles/enemies occasionally occluding menus